There are two types of changes in Starfall Version 2: content and technical.
Content changes are as follows:
- Activities are grouped by grade level. This has often been requested by teachers and parents. However, we are aware many students will seek or need activities that may be considered outside of their age or level. So we have organized the grouping to allow the student to quickly jump to any activity of interest.
- More advanced activities have been added for grades 1, 2, and 3.
Technical changes include:
- Starfall Version 2 activities are served over https (Secure Sockets Layer). You will no longer see "Not Secure" in the address bar.
- Animations are served with HTML5 rather than Flash. You will no longer see Flash warnings or need to approve running the Flash plugin. Click here for desktop browser versions that will be supported in early January 2019.
- Starfall will run on most tablet and phone mobile browsers with an internet connection. We now support Apple iOS on iPad and iPhone and Android tablet and phone devices. Click here for supported tablet and mobile browser versions.
- Older desktop devices and browsers that may not fully support HTML5 will be directed to the Flash content of the original Starfall website. Note that most browsers now require the latest version of Flash, and also click to approve running the Flash plugin.
- Older tablets and mobile devices and browsers that may not fully support HTML5 or that we have not yet certified for HTML5 will be directed to a page that recommends downloading the Starfall App.