Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod volume may be turned down or muted. You can check your sound settings a variety of ways.
- Check your mute button: If your device has a Ring/Silent switch, move the switch forward — toward the device's display — so that orange is not showing.
- Check headphones connection: If you can hear sound through the speakers but not through your headphones, unplug the headphones and clear dust or debris from the headset port on your device.
- Check your sound within an app: In iOS there are separate volume settings for the ringer and media. Open an app that uses music or sound effects and adjust the volume using the volume controls.
- Check Bluetooth: If you are not using Bluetooth for your headphones and to make sure that your device isn't sending audio to a different Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.
- Restart your device: Turn off your device, then turn it back on. Check the sound again.
Click here for more information.